Vegan-couver Island -- Veggies Unite!
Hey y'all!The Victoria Vegan
is having a dine-out on Sat, Apr 7th at 7pm at MoLe - RSPV's required as we've gotta book tables, etc..
Hope you can make it! =)
Also, i haven't been updating this community, but i think there have been a few new newsletters since i posted last! Click the link above to catch up, and of course, feedback always welcome!
Keep an eye on the Events
page as well
Woohoo! Seed of Life now stocks some new organic rice milk chocolate from Terra Nostra
! I'm mostly excited because they have a version with a truffle center. ($4 for 100g)
Wow. If any of you haven't been to Mo:Le lately, I suggest you hurry the hell over there! There breakfast/lunch menu contains tons of new (to me) vegan dishes, many of the raw and so unique and so so delicious. Plus, their new dinner menu that starts feb14 has even more vegan and raw vegan stuff, plus it's more affordable than their old dinner menu and goodness you just have to go look at it to understand.
(yesterday I had a raw vegan caeser salad with mushroom veggie sausages and some of my boy's raw vegan sprouted buckwheat cocoa nutty cereal delicious type think with nut milk.)
Just wanted to let you guys know that the old Stone Pipe Landing in Sooke (right on Sooke Rd after 17 Mile House on the water) is now called 'Fuse Waterfront Grill', and they have vegan options!
There's a few delicious salads, morrocan spiced yams, roasted veggies, a marinated portobello mushroom with rice or greens or veggies or yams or fries, a portobella sandwich, and a vegan pasta dish. There's also vegan beer.
What a pleasant change!http://www.fusewaterfrontgrill.com
Hiya - quick note to let you know the December (and second!) issue of The Victoria Vegan is now online!http://www.TheVictoriaVegan.com
This is a new local monthly newsletter, both in print and online, featuring four pages of:
* local and international vegan news and sports (yes, sports!)
* an Action of the Month
* recipe from Sarah Kramer, of How It All Vegan fame
* book review
* new local vegan items
* vegan events
* shops of interest to vegans
* local groups/organizations
* info on recycling your soymilk cartons!
Check it out, and if you like it, be sure to sign up for monthly email reminders! Next issue will be published around the 15th of January, contributions welcome!
Hey everyone, i'm happy to announce that there's a new newsletter in the city, The Victoria Vegan!
It'll be published monthly, please let me know what you think!
Available online, as well as in print around town, all the info is here:http://www.TheVictoriaVegan.com
I am planning on visiting the Vancouver Island area in November and had a couple of questions...
My Husband and I are looking to move to Victoria in about a year and plan to open up a Vegan Ice Cream Parlor/Sweet Shop. This will be our first venture North to scope out the area. We have heard that there are Cannabis Cafe's in the area and was wondering if any of you could mention a few places or give me a heads up on the acceptability of this type of venture. We would hope to include THC and Cannabutter in a portion of our own menu, so we wanted to know about the area, acceptability, history of buisnesses and competition.
Are there buisnesses that include THC and Cannabutter in food or are they all mostly sit down and smoke type places?
Anyone able to let me know of good places for sweets, that is much appreciated. I know of a few places, but havn't a clue of how good thier menus are.
Any Cannabis conesours/people who just know about the Cafe businesses who would like to help me out?
This isn't directly food related, but I was hoping someone might be able to help.
What are the best places to look for non-leather shoes
Thanks a lot for any and all info! ^_^ Have a great night!
I'm happy to announce that I've been hired by Friends of Animals, an animal rights organization based in the US. I'll be working on a number of local campaigns (see below) and so if anyone would like to receive email updates relating to these projects, or would like to volunteer, please do contact me!
Here's a short list of area's i'm planning to focus on:
* initiate regular public discussion forums, both as an introduction to Animal Rights and Veganism, as well as more 'advanced' topics, digging deeper into these philosophies and their relationships to other social issues, as well as 'practical' and 'applied' veganism - is there more to being vegan than omitting animal products from our lives?
* create a Victoria or Vancouver Island 'Vegan Guide', focusing on both restaurants and healthfood stores, as well as other places of interest for vegans (ie, does everyone know about the great deals at the PharmaSave over on Richmond?)
* focus on local issues, such as the horse carriages downtown and exposing the dark side of Island Farms (while commonly held in the spotlight as a 'humane' collective, one must still ask: where do all the male dairy calves end up?)
* regular, weekly leafletting sessions at local busy locations (downtown, UVic, Camosun, etc..) as well as tabling at events
If you'd like to be involved in any of these areas, or have any ideas of issues you'd like to see addressed, don't hesitate to send me a note. Any and all help is appreciated!
Dave *at* FriendsOfAnimals.org